January 17, 2015

Crepe Obsessed


I definitely have a little love affair going on with crepes. They are just so amazingly good and crazy easy to make. My family asks me to make them almost every weekend. I never really cared for American Pancakes because it always just seemed like a big production & they always came out differently. Sometimes fluffy, sometimes thin, sometimes delicious and sometimes not. Well move over pancakes as I am a crepe girl now! I have discovered a fool proof crepe recipe that is really so easy to make that even my son can manage. You also only need one bowl so yay for minimal clean up.

Basic Crepe Recipe:

1 C. all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1⁄2 C. milk
1⁄2 C. water
1⁄4 t. salt
2 T. butter, melted

*I always double this recipe & then store in the fridge for up to 2 days in a mason jar.


Whisk together flour and eggs. Gradually add in milk and water, while stirring to combine. Add salt and butter; beat until smooth. I use a non stick crepe pan, but if you don't have that (although I strongly suggest you buy one), simply use butter and a regular pan. Pour about a half of a cup of the mixture in the middle and then spread it around with your crepe tool. Please go and buy this as in my opinion it is essential.


After you put the mixture into the pan, use your tool to swirl it around. The crepe will cook very fast since the batter will start to cook upon contact. Cook until the crepe starts to slightly to bubble, the bottom is lightly browned and the batter looks set, this all happens within about 1 minute.Now it's time to flip the crepe. Simply use a small, flat spatula to lift the edge of the crepe, then carefully grasp the edge and quickly flip the crepe over in the pan. Cook until the second side is slightly browned and set, about 10 seconds more.

We usually eat them immediately after they are cooked but if you want to make a few at a time simply stack them up with pieces of wax paper (or baking paper) in between so that they don't stick.

There are so many toppings that you can use so I will leave your imaginations to that. My family prefers Nutella, while I am a cinnamon and sugar kind of girl. Enjoy and let me know how they turned out!

Happy Weekend!



1 comment

  1. Now I know what I am making for breakfast Sunday morning! Looks so easy...Thank you for posting this recipe!

    ReplyDelete